Wednesday 27 July 2011

Exclusive: Leaked email

The following article about a leaked email was published today on Square Mile


If you are one of the thousands of workers in the City confused as to why your, your mistress and your plumber’s CVs have ended up on every desk including your own, the leaked email below may explain a few things. 
A recently graduated recruitment consultant in a well established firm recently sent this email to a colleague.
(Being a recruiter, or severely dyslexic, his diabolical grammar and spelling (or txt spk) has been rectified for your comprehension). 
Mate, I’ve promised a candidate I won’t send their CV anywhere without their permission. I've got their permission to send them to three live roles. 
An urgent briefing has just come in from a new client and I know this candidate's CV is perfect. 
The client has given me a strict deadline of 4pm for all CV's. I’m not able to speak to my candidate until 6pm.
Sending this CV, which will convert to an interview, will allow me to hit my target for the week. 
If I don't hit the target my whole team will be let down, losing out on the internal competition. My team leader will be all over me again.
I’m sure I can send the CV out  then sell the role to the candidate afterwards. If I don't the guys at XXX will!!!! What should I do?
The response was simply: “welcome to recruitment...send out all CVs on your database to every single hiring manager you connect with on LinkedIn (every single day) and pray something sticks so you can pay for your rent...and hair gel”!
Annoyed? Join us at the Church of Moderate Capitalism for Sunday Mass where we will pray: “Dear Lord, regulate (or abolish) the recruitment industry”!

1 comment:

  1. Dear James,

    Thank you for your kind comments.
    I'm sorry if my blog has ruined your self esteem. I do apologise for any offence I've caused but ultimately I am not responsible for your girlfriend leaving you, your decreasing salary nor the fact that two of your highest billers just left your team. Sorry and thanks for reading my blog. FRED BAYR

    ReplyDelete